205 x served & 1 x viewed
5 Tips On How To Raise A Brave Boy?
| i Heart Marina
No one ever said parenting is easy! Raising a child takes work, physical and mental, in my case triple the job.
In todays world there are many challenges our children face from bullying to body shaming.
Every child is different, no doubt about that. Some are naturally brave and fierce more than others. Regardless the age of a child, it’s never too late to teach them to be brave and courageous.
For instance my son, Johnny has always been a tough guy with no fear to challenge anyone who comes his way or to protect his sisters in school. John is never afraid to fight to defend himself. There was this one time when one of his classmates maliciously tricked my son and physically hurt him. My son did not hesitate for a minute there to fight back and to protect himself. He did what he believed in and his decision in protecting himself was definitely the right choice. He later told me he was so confident because I have always told him no matter what happens I’m here for him. So anyway, this matter was later escalated to my attention and it was handled with the school dean where the other boy was expelled from school and not welcomed back the following year. My husband and I have always encouraged John to never be afraid of anyone in life, except God. We have taught him to always fight back when it comes to self defense. As he grows older, now 9 years old, I have noticed that these instilled qualities have grown along with him and have made him who he is today –A brave little man.
Here are my 5 tips on raising a brave and a courageous boy that I personally have applied to my parenting rules.
1. Let him make the decision –It’s best he makes a fusion on his own then you as a parent force him to do something that he is not ready for it. Choice is a huge part in raising an independent son or even a child for that matter.
2. Teach him to stand up for himself – Explain to him that it takes bravery to stand up for what is right even when everyone disagrees with him. Teach him to be confident in who he is and not to be afraid to stand up for what is right and what is wrong.
3. Make sure he understand that in life it’s ok to fail – although, it can be difficult watching him fail but it may be the best lesson learned for him. Something’s the best thing in life come from a failed lesson.
4. Praise him for the little things – I thing it’s important to praise children for each time they excel. I believe it gives them a boost in confidence. Positive reinforcement can go a long way.
5. Be his anchor – Let him know that you are always there for him to love him and support him. When he is in doubt trying new things make sure he knows you will always be right behind him.
Do you have any parenting rules that you’d like to share with me? Please share by commenting below.
Please take a moment to subscribe to my blog to start receiving beauty and hairstyle tips.