276 x served & 42 x viewed
How To Establish a Daily Skin Care Routine.
| i Heart Marina
Keeping my skin fresh and glowing! Today, on my blog I’m sharing my daily skin care routine. Many of you have been asking me about it via my social sites so, here it is. Daily skincare is one thing I try not to get lazy about. Honestly, I can’t get the day started without applying my morning skin care products and refuse to go to sleep with my makeup on or not washing my face. The older I get the more I realize how important it is to have a healthy beauty regimen for my skin.
When growing up many of us have learned how to take care of ourselves or even style ourselves, was by watching our mothers. I was one of them and now, I teach my girls, Katrina 11 and Isabella 10.
My mother is Ukrainian and I must add Ukrainian women love taking care of their skin. They believe that there is no such thing as unaffordable skincare and that you can create DIY products that will work just great.
Anyway, back to my story, during my early teenage years I was living in New York City with my family. My mother was an esthetician at the time working at a high end dermatology office on 5th Avenue in Manhattan so, I got to see and learn the ins and outs of the beauty world up close at a young age.
I remember my mother insisting that I use a moisturizer ( I think I was 14 years of age at the time) and some of the advice that she has given me I’m sharing it with you below.
- You must start picking up a skin-care routine before you even start wearing make up.
- If you’re going to spend 30 minutes putting ON your face then you should spend the same amount of time or care when cleaning it OFF.
- Sleeping with your make up on is the ultimate beauty sin!
Honestly, I have skipped a few times of not washing my make up and sleeping in with it and guess what happened the next morning when I looked at my self in the mirror? I saw a gigantic zit or two on my nose or forehead looking back at me with a big smile ?ﾟﾘﾂ …(ok, I’m exaggerating about the zit smiling back at me, LOL). but really, from that day on no matter how tired or sleepy I am, I would push myself to wash off my entire make up to avoid any of those unwanted zits, blemishes or skin care inflammation followed by nightly skin-care routine.
Also, I like to keep it simple and to not pollute my face with bunch of miscellaneous un-researched skin care products. I think it’s also important knowing what products work best together in order to benefit your skin and the order it’s used in.
Read my regular skin care routine below (this includes day and night).
- Cleanser– to remove make up, oil and debris because rinsing with water is not enough to clean your face.
- Toner– not only it removes the last traces of makeup but it also helps reduce redness and dry patches with additional skin-repairing ingredients which hydrate and replenish the skin’s surface immediately after cleansing.
- Exfoliate– I recommend once a week no more than that. AHAs exfoliate the surface of skin and BHA exfoliates the surface of skin aaaand inside the pores. Why I like to exfoliate once a week because it eliminates the build up cause by acne and oily skin, clogged pores/black heads, uneven skin tone, deeper wrinkles and dullness.
- Acne Treatment– if you notice acne or large/swollen blemishes on your face just apply the acne treatment with benzoyl peroxide, it’s an essential step for achieving clear skin because benzo peroxide kills acne-causing bacteria and helps reduce redness on your skin.
- Treatment Serum- I use two different serums, one specifically for day time and the other for night time. Why I use it because serums are filled with antioxidants and other anti-aging ingredients to protect the skin from sun damages and pollution. When used regularly the results are amazing! The treatment serum improves your skin in numerous ways, from reducing redness to stimulating healthy collagen production and improving the appearance of wrinkles.
- Moisturizer with Sunscreen (Morning) – this is another critical step to having a healthier and radiant skin. Every morning apply it on your face to shield your skin from sun damage. Therefore, it must have an SPF 25 or higher rating for protection.
- Moisturizer (Night) – All skin types will benefit from using a moisturizer because it contain the types of ingredients research has shown to help your skin look healthier, hydrated, smoother, soft and visibly younger. No more dry, flaky or dull skin! I started using one at age of 14 after my mother indicated the importance of it.
Additional treatment may follow after the steps mentioned above. These treatments are optional extras you can add, depending on your personal skincare concerns. Examples include products such as boosters, facial masks, oil-blotting papers, and lip care. Once a week or so I like to use different facial masks and skin treatments.
Read my article on facial serums and eye gels here.
The skin care products vary and really it depends what the condition of the skin is at the time whether it needs extra step to hydrate or calm the skin, absorb excess oil or to treat a special skin concern.
Subscribe to my blog and follow me along with by beauty skin-care journey I’ll be sharing and updating more about the skin care products I use and recommend. I love, love googling and serving the net searching up different “Celebrity Skin Care Tips”, “Celebrity Skin Masks”, “Best Moisturizers” and “Top facial serums and eye gels”.
I hope this article answered some of your skincare questions you had for me. Remember, maintaining a healthy skin care routine may be challenging at times. I strongly encourage you not to give up and not to spend tons of money on products before doing your research. Facial break outs will occur from time to time and it’s perfectly normal however, it’s our duty to prevent it by staying committed to out skin care routine and treating it correctly without damaging our skin because the results are amazing!
Should you have any questions I’ll be more than happy to try answering them in the comments section. I’m pretty much honest about everything so, I hope you feel comfortable to ask.
Thanks for stopping by iHeartMarina.com! Love you guys! ?
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my blog!
Google +: @MarinaBerBeryan
Hugs and kisses,