82 x served & 23 x viewed
Marina BerBeryan’s Style Guide On How To Wear Polka Dots.
Polka-dots are so much fun to rock! After all, what’s a fashion if you can’t have fun, right?!
Polka dot pants are very trendy these days and have been see on the runways and on the celebrities from their daytime street style to their evening red carpet looks.
Fashion designers who have showcased their collection with polka dots include Dolce Gabbana, Chloe and Valentino. Celebrities who love polka dot fashion include Taylor Swift, Gwen Stefani, Heidi Klum, Nicky Hilton, Kourtney Kardashian, Diane Kruger, Molly Sims and Kristen Dunst.
Playful polka dots are also seen on the cover magazines as well! One of my favorite fashion magazines was the Anna Kendrick from “Into The Wood” on the December cover of Marie Claire. Other celebrity editorials include Gigi Hadid for W Magazine and Kendall Jenner for Vogue US shot by Patrick Dermacherlier.
Black polka-dot pants are uber cute but how do I style this look? Well, to answer this question, the polka-dot trousers are classic and glamour statement pieces for any age. It can be worn from day look #OOTD to evening look #OOTN however do know color coordinate.
There are so many ways you can style this trend. Here’s my Style Guide how to wear black polka-dot pants.
- The Retro Look – Wear a pair of printed polka dot, wide-leg pants with a black top (short or long sleeve) and a thin red belt to match the red lipstick and those red pair of heels you have in your closet.
- The Flirty Look – By the way, this is Taylor Swifts favorite #OOTD. Team up a black pair of polka-dot pants with a white plain or lace cropped top with dangly earring and wedges.
- The City Look – Choose a black polka dot skinny pants. Wear a white collar shirt with a neon lights sweater over it. Lastly, accessorize your look with a crystal-studded necklace and one of your favorite black flats.
- The Street Look – This is a fun look because mix and match is always a great combination. Do mix your black polka dot pants with horizontally stripped shirt, flats and a Panama hat.
- The Sophisticated Look –Going out on a date in the evening? Style your black polka-dot pants with nude high heels and a gold sequenced top with a Barbie pink lipstick.
- The Retro Meets Modern Look – This is the look I opted for today because it was all about the retro vibe of a high-waist polka-dot capris! I wore it with a plain white short sleeve blouse and my all time favorite flats. Because it was a hot day in Los Angeles I just put up my hair in a bun updo. Lastly for a pop of color I added my favorite aqua Chanel sunglasses.
I brought a special strawberry snack for my friend Scrut IceAgeyan. He seemed to be very hungry. Isn’t he adorable?!
Top // Alice + Olivia
Pants // Hugo Boss
Flats // Kate Spade
Sunglasses // Chanel
I hope this style guide helps you to decide on how to wear polka dot trouser. Leave your comment below would love to hear from you how it worked out.